Sunday, October 5, 2008

Midterms

Midterms are coming up fast. My brain is leaving a trail of black smoke as I walk from room to room with a music theory book in my left hand as my right hand pretends to play a piano. I guess you could say I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with everything. I have learned so much already. I did not know anything had stayed in my head with the fast paced classes. I am taking 19 credit hours worth of classes, not including the theater production going on shortly after midterms.
I really want to study and do well, and thankfully some of my classes are waiting until after fall break to give us our midterms. I am making flashcards for Italian 101 and music theory. I am spending extra time in the practice rooms for piano and musicianship. My professor in Ideas and Cultures has given us our essay to write early. All of my professors have provided study guides and I know the professors well enough to trust that what they say will be on the exam will in fact be on the exam.
I do not usually get nervous about exams because it is pretty much a do or die thing for me. I do my best no matter what and either do well or do poorly. I do not stress out about exams after I have taken them.

Unfortunately, I have noticed that as midterms get closer, my room gets cleaner.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Trust me, I understand, my room is spotless right now. We all just need to take a breath and take it step by step, and hopefully get through this ok!