Monday, October 20, 2008

Nothing Nice to Say

Election 2008? Important to me? Either will be blamed for the inevitable problems we are going to face as a unified country. I know it's supposed to be my "duty" as an American to vote. Honestly, I do not enjoy popularity contests, and at this point in the election, it is a popularity contest.
Some older people are voting because of color. My own father, a very open minded man, admitted that he liked Obama's ideas, but would never vote for him because he is so different. Quite honestly, I am not sure what it is Obama want to "Change", and I would never want McCain's VP choice in a position of power.
It is one of those "if you have nothing nice to say, do not say anything at all" situations for me... or the "do good to you friends, do harm to no one." Well McCain looks about ready to have a heart attack and Obama just feels so unprepared to me.
It is not that I hate either candidate, or that I am some anarchist. Call me selfish, but I really have other things to worry about. I do not really care who our scape goat is. In my opinion, either will do the job to the best of their ability.

2 comments:

Witney Fisher said...

But, do you think your voice matters? It does. Despiste your feelings of it bein a popularity contest... prove them wrong! Study the issues a bit more, and vote for the candidate you feel would be the best President of the USA!

EBrown said...

I believe you have a tough decide to make by the time you go in to vote. I see that you have looked at both sides. It isn't selfish to worry about other things many Americans have to worry about other things and the election is not on there top priority list.