Sunday, September 7, 2008

Getting Involved

Being in college, I have learned that I am not allowed to be antisocial. There was an showing of different organizations here and a chance to sign up. I signed up for Ally, a group of support for any kind of sexuality. I also signed up for the theater group, because I have always wanted to be in theater. Because of my major, I am in the freshmen choir.
It is not that I want to be antisocial. I am just a very busy person, what with 19 credit hours and all. I still need a little me time, but I only get that when I take a shower. Everyone here is very nice and I do not mind spending time with them. I just get drained when I am around people too much. It is probably due to my performing nature. I always feel that I need to entertain those around me. I will quite down some as the semester goes on. For now I just hope my teachers can bear with me. I really do not mean to interupt.
As for working with clubs familiar to me, I do not believe I helped out too much with my high school's sexuality support group. Odd as it sounds, people actually believe such clubs are set up so teens can just have sex more. This is, of course, not the case. Teens tend to trust those their own age better than adults. If the teens need a support group for feelings they can't control, they deserve it. I feel very strongly about supporting emotions.
The theater club... well... I explained that already.

1 comment:

Witney Fisher said...

great to hear you have identifed organizations to get involved in. Don't be afraid to take time for yourself... some of us need more "me" time than others.