Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Starting a New Life

I just started college. I have made sure to keep myself busy so far to avoid the "blah" bug.
My professors have been easy on us so far, letting us adjust a little to college life. I am also seeing a councelor to try and get my feelings in order. I expect to see her for the rest of this year, if not for the rest of my college career.
As for this semester, I am signed up for nineteen credit hours. This does not include the extra piano practice three hours a week. I have discovered that with a college like this one, you also have to be involved in "sister" activities. I keep running into the issue of whether I should eat, sleep, study, or avoid being the only antisocial girl here. I very much want to be in the play this semester, but those auditions are tonight. I see myself being very busy for the next few months.
A lot of the young women here are having trouble getting themselves up in the morning, as this is the first time that has been up to them. I've woken myself up for school since my freshman year in high school. The only time I'm late for class is when my teachers keep me over and my next class is clear across campus.
Food seems to be an issue too. I have food in my dorm because I know I do not always have time to get to the cafiteria in time for a meal.
Since I'm on food, let me address the freshman fifteen... yeah... I don't care about it whatsoever. I've gained five pounds so far, and it's muscle from running to class and up stairs to go to bed at night.
So this semester I expect to be difficult, but I'll get through it. I don't have to get used to all the things these other girls complain about. I miss my family, but I can talk to them still. I don't like having too much down time.
I've got to avoid the "blah" feeling.

-Twinfish doing homework

1 comment:

Witney Fisher said...

it sounds like you know what you need to do to keep yourself from feeling blah. good luck with dracula!