Sunday, September 14, 2008

Honesty

So I had to sepnd twenty-four hours being completely honest for one of my classes. This was very simple for several reasons. One reason is that I sleep for six to eight hours everyday. Another reason is that I don't like to lie. Lieing requires me to remember extra infortmation, it's a waste of valuable space in my brain.
I decided to do it on Saturday the 13th of September. I woke up at 10:30 am. I spent time with one of my hall mates until noon. She likes to design dresses and draw faries. I helped her set up a deviantart account so she could show off her stuff. I told her, honestly, that her drawings are different, I like them and that she should stop putting them down. I don't like a lot of my own art, but I put it up anyway. Other people can comment and offer advise. Sure, there are some jerks out there, but if she wants to design clothes for real people, she needs to see what they like.
After that, another one of my friends took me to visit her family. They were very friendly and asked me very few questions.
We came back to school and hung out until two in the morning watching animations and movies.
When I came to this school something softened inside me. The girls were so friendly and seemed so trusting that it hasn't been difficult for me to stop telling even the smallest of white lies (No, that dress makes you look stunning!). Even if the option to cheat is staring at me, there is no urge to do it. Honesty is expected of me, and it's easy to be honest in this environment. There is no need to lie if no one else is. I know others don't feel this way and they lie to fit in, but they are just giving themselves a handicap. There's always a chance someone will find them out or that a lie will take a situation too far. Lieing equals trouble, and trouble can sometimes equal the loss of scholarships... It's just not worth it.

By the way... My big sis is awesome.

2 comments:

Witney said...

sounds like you are enjoying big sis/lil sis week thus far. Yes, lying does require people to keep up and maintain the lies... sounds like a lot of hard work to me?

Anonymous said...

YEA OUR BIG SIS IS AWESOME!!!! and yes lying is hard to do. I have had lies blow up in my face so many times so I don't even bother with them any more. Some people ask me why I'm so straight forward. I tell them that it's because i'd rather them know who I really am than the person they want me to be and some people do not like that. I will listen to anything music, poems, ideas but be prepared for my answer because you may not like it but I will hear you out!

hey triplet!!!!!!!!!! luv ya!