Studying... It has to be one of my least favorite activities. Unless of course it's a subject I like. I like to do extra Italian excercises from our text book when I have a spare moment where I'm not doing my actual homework. I don't like to study in areas that are too quiet. Silence is a real bother on my brain. I have to ignore things to focus on other things (This doesn't really explain my ability to multi-task).
Instead of the library's actual separated study areas, I like to find a music player in the music library and listen to an old record while going through my Ideas and Cultures class reading or Italian. If I'm actually working on music though I go to the lobby of the music building. When I have the time to go in there (morning or late evening), the light comes in through the huge class windows. The light is calming and the upperclassmen practice then, so the sound is soothing. I'm able to relax and still able to hear my own notes in my head. I understand some people need complete silence, but I need something like relaxing music to focus on studying. I can keep a steady beat when working on languages or other vocabulary and keeps me from getting too nevrous.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Lyn, it really sounds like you have found the perfect study spot for yourself... enjoy!
Lynn I understand the distain for complete silence when studying! It makes it impossible for me to concentrate well too!
We are complete opposites. I personally love the quiet.
Post a Comment